We are a self-funded club that has been running continuously since the 1960s. The club is open to 8 to 16 year olds providing social, sports and creative activities for the kids of Woodstock and the surrounding villages. We’re a registered charity run by volunteers and trustees. The Youth club leader is Chris Oliver. In 2006 Chris was awarded an MBE in recognition of his many years service in youth work.
Activities include: Dodgeball, Street dance, Computer games, Hockey, Art room, Football, Pool and discos organised and presented by the young people themselves.
We also have a tuck shop and serve hot food
Visits include: Ice skating, Bowling, Mountainboarding and Theme Parks
We also have many Fundraising Events including: Bingo, Bag Packing at Sainsburys, Dances and Film Nights at the club.
We do have a number of rules to help the club run smoothly and to make sure both the young people and the staff are treated with respect.
- Young people need to treat other members, youth workers and staff how they want to be treated.
- Young people and youth workers alike will be expected to show respect for each other.
- Young people and staff must respect and take care of the building, furniture and equipment.
- Damage to equipment, furniture or the building or other buildings on the site, will be paid for in full by the person responsible.
- Sexist, racist or other offensive language will not be allowed. Anyone who continues after being asked to stop will have to leave.
- Young people must not bring drugs and or alcohol into the Club
- Young people who have been using drugs or alcohol before or during Youth Club will be asked to leave.
- Smoking in or around the club is now prohibited by law.